In this second cycle study programme, students upgrade their previous education with pedagogical and didactic skills. The programme focuses on a specific area of work and thinking. At the level of master's study, programme participants acquire specialized knowledge and skills that complement their basic knowledge in the field of belief and the system of religions, so that it can be used in educational practice. Most of the content and emphasis in the programme corresponds to the field of philosophy, logic, pedagogy and ethics, as it deals mainly with educational, philosophical, ethical, spiritual and other concepts of life and interpersonal relationships. The field of education and orientation in the humanities is also suitable due to the inclusion of the programme in the Faculty of Theology (also in terms of content through common subjects with other programmes).
Theology gives students all the necessary methodological and pedagogical competences (pedagogical module), as well providing knowledge from specific theological disciplines related to contemporary theological and religious issues. The study programme complements the knowledge and competences that students acquire in the second field of the double-honours study, thus developing students' abilities for interdisciplinary professional work.
Place of implementation: Ljubljana (in connection with UL FF)
Credit points: 120
Duration: 2 years
Professional title: Magister profesor … in teologije« or »magistrica profesorica … in teologije« (Master of Science in Theology).
- Masters are qualified for transforming and conveying subject content in a way that is understandable to students
- in the implementation of the school curriculum, they appropriately connect the goals of the curricula, the content, the ways of learning and the development of students
- effectively plan, organizes and implements learning activities
- they master the principles of research in the field of pedagogy and use them to improve learning and teaching
- they encourage active and independent learning that enables students to plan, monitor, evaluate and regulate their own learning
- promote collaborative learning, which enables students to develop social skills for successful participation in different heterogeneous groups
- make appropriate use of different ways of monitoring, checking and assessing each student's progress in accordance with the objectives and provide constructive feedback
- monitor and evaluate students' progress in learning strategies, social skills, reading and information literacy
- primary school (subjects: Religions and Ethics I, II, III; Civic and Patriotic education and ethics; teachers of elective subjects from other fields; teachers in the department of extended stay in the primary school curriculum; teachers for individual and group assistance in the primary school curriculum; teaching assistants in the primary school educational programmes)
- educators in boarding schools
- adult education organizers
- teaching catechesis in parish pastoral care
Presentation of Study Programmes (2021/2022)
Programme Administrator: Prof. Janez Vodičar, PhD, and Assist. Prof. Mateja Pevec Rozman, PhD.