Starting with the 2022/2023 academic year, the undergraduate study programme Theological and Religious Studies is becoming a part of the study programme Person and Interpersonal Relations.
Place of implementation: Ljubljana and Maribor
Credit points: 180
Duration: 3 years
Professional title: »Diplomant/diplomantka Teoloških in religijskih študijev« (Graduate of Theological and Religious Studies)
University programme first cycle university study programme Theological and religious studies are based on a wide range of knowledge and methods from the humanities, social sciences, culture, theology and religion. It trains students not only to work in the church field, but also in areas such as culture, public and administrative life, economy, history and other types of services related to working with people. The professional profile of graduates is broadly defined and meets the needs of the labour market in the humanities, which requires flexibility, the ability to quickly understand humanistic problems and a high level of social competences. Theological and religious studies also train students to solve problems in the field of fundamental issues of human existence and culture. Graduates acquire basic knowledge in the fields of Christianity, other religious beliefs, cultural history and ethics. They are trained for scientifically, theoretically, critically and methodologically appropriate treatment of the mentioned topics.
Hermeneutic, cognitive, theoretical, methodological, technical, linguistic, social, synthetic.
- pastoral clerks (undertaking certain tasks at minor religious events; assistant in the parish or dean's office; performing other tasks in accordance with instructions and work qualifications)
- in the field of religious activity and church services (participation in pastoral teams, work in the field of preaching the Gospel, performing administrative activities, participation in the bodies of religious communities
- in the field of charitable and social welfare activities
- in the field of cultural activities (management of cultural activities, work in archives, documentaries, librarianship, cultural heritage management)
- in the field of public administration and political activities (work in political parties)
- in the field of media (reporters, moderators, announcers)
- in the field of publishing (editors, assistant editors)
- in the field of management (public relations, tourism, organization of cultural and other events, work on human resources development)
Programme Administrator: Assist. Prof. Tadej Stegu, PhD.